Sunday, October 4, 2009

Pickles!

I've gotten into canning in a major way this year. With our CSA membership, I've been receiving tons of in season, locally grown produce every week. So much produce that it was extremely hard for me to use everything before next weeks delivery. Brian surprised me one day by getting me a large pressure canner, and I've made it money well spent. Today I made watermelon rind pickles. I've never actually tasted watermelon pickles, so I didn't know what to expect. One can didn't seal properly, so I took the oportunity to give them a taste, and they're really good! Earlier this year I made a batch of bread and butter cucumber pickles, which seem to sweet to me, but Brian likes them. I also made pickled cauliflower, which I like alot. Both are pictured below.

No comments: